Tuesday, July 1, 2008

This team is so clutch, a joy to watch

Yankees with RISP this year:

.251/.334/.371

Last night: 0-6. And yet another good start from Mike Mussina wasted.

Let me say a few words to express how this makes me feel...

GODDAMMIT YOU MOTHERFUCKING GUTLESS FUCKS STOP SUCKING IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR YOU TO GET SOME HITS WITH MEN ON BASE AGAINST A GUY WITH AN 88 ERA+ YOU WORTHLESS SACKS OF SHIT IF YOU DON'T START HITTING BETTER WITH RUNNERS ON AND YOU DON'T TAKE THE NEXT TWO GAMES FROM TEXAS AND THEN THREE OUT OF FOUR FROM THE RED SOX I WILL CALL JACK BAUER AND HE WILL TORTURE THE HELL OUT OF YOU DEAD FROM THE NECK UP FUCKS TRUST ME HE TORTURED HIS OWN BROTHER AND CUT OFF A DIPLOMAT'S PINKY WAKE UP GODDAMMIT




IF YOU LEAVE ANOTHER MAN ON BASE YOU'LL WISH THAT ALL I WAS DOING WAS STRANGLING YOU!!!!!


Being legitimately shut down by opposing pitching because your lineup simply does not have weapons...frustrating? Sure, but at least understandable because the talent isn't there.

A very talented lineup that three months into the season still consistently leaves men on base and can never deliver big hits when they need them to the point that you really wonder if it's just bad luck...frustrating? No, frustrating isn't the word. Infuriating? Closer. Disgraceful? Yes. Pathetic? Yes.

I know some fans expect wins and playoff berths. And with the Yankees at 44-39 for the season, they are still in a pretty good position to grab a playoff spot, which I of course would be happy with. I understand that. But personally, most importantly I want to see good baseball, win or lose...preferably win obviously, but if they lost playing the way they should, I'm not mad. Leaving 12 men on base every goddamn game and supposed future batting title winners and former near batting title winners just absolutely sucking wind...not good baseball. I'd rather watch a sub-.500 team that, while they will lose more often than not, they will at least not look dead from the neck up doing it. The frustration of being a fan of a team like that is not as bad as the frustration of watching this team. Let me try and explain why I feel this way using 2 examples.

1. I swim for a team that's pretty much at the bottom of the league. Sure, it's kind of frustrating that we suck, but everybody performs to the level at which they are capable of. Our best isn't good enough to beat all of these other teams. It sucks, but I'm fine with it. You lose with no excuses. This team continues to underperform and they don't play their best often enough.

2. You're a good looking guy. You're in great shape. You're smart, book smart and street smart. You're a nice guy. You have all of these characteristics, and while you definitely strive for better, the only girls you get together with are the likes of the Penguin (inside joke, for those of you who don't get it, let's just say a hideous girl). At least if you're a hideous guy yourself, the Penguin is the best you can do. But when you should be reeling in supermodels, and instead you reel in Jenny Quarter Pounder, isn't that kind of bad?


Who knows, maybe I should just lower my expectations for this team. Then I won't be as pissed...HA! (Hey...HA...that's a good idea! Maybe we'll score runs THAT way!)

No comments: